A Smart Certified Home is the smart way to buy and sell real estate. Buying and selling a property can be a very stressful and challenging process. We know that one of the main causes of purchase contract failure is related to the condition of the property (inspection), the value of the property (appraisal) and a remedy if one or both of those items is of concern. Having a Smart Certified Home minimized (or in many cases eliminates) the pitfalls and difficulty of selling a home. The peace of mind for both parties leads to a smoother transaction and fewer items to negotiate or renegotiate.
It goes without saying that having more facts before writing an offer is simply a better financial decision.
- There are no surprises! Make your offer based on the facts given up front.
- A seller pre-inspection conveys that the seller is serious about selling
- The inspection has been completed and the home’s defects are fully disclosed
- The inspection is paid for by the seller
- The report is an accurate, third-party view of the condition of the home
- Any issues can be corrected or brought up prior to making an offer on the home
- You can make your offer stand out, without increasing the offering price by waiving inspections
- The need for negotiations and 11th-hour renegotiations is drastically reduced saving you headaches
- The report may assist in acquiring financing for the property
Not having to worry about inspection issues is worth every penny paid for the inspection.
- The likelihood of your buyer walking away from the contract is reduced
- Buyers MAY waive their inspection contingencies
- If problems don’t exist or have been corrected, you can substantiate your asking price
- Buyer’s unfounded suspicions can be relieved, BEFORE they walk away or renegotiate
- Provide buyers with full-disclosure before they get their inspection
- You can use your inspection report as a marketing tool
- YOU have the opportunity to decide what do if problems do exist
- You can assist, ask questions and address concerns with the inspector during the inspection
- You have the opportunity to repair or replace anything before the report is generated
- Any immediate safety issues can be addresses before anyone visits the home
To learn more about our Smart Certified Home Program, please contact me at 970-744-1075 or Doug@DougLindstrom.com